09 December 2008

December 8th on the 9th





Current Mood: Sick as Hell


Please bear with me for I am bout to die soon. Pray for me, y’all.


So yesterday had me feeling particularly down. You see, a friend of mine from high school passed away (shot in the jaw, which triggered an infection, which resulted in his demise) last March and his birthday was yesterday. He would have turned 23 years old. Towards the end of my work shift, it had also dawned on me that it was also the same day that my grandfather passed away five years ago. For those not in the know, I was very close to my granddaddy. He was literally like my 2nd dad. When the true significance of yesterday really sank in, I was down for the remainder of the day/evening. One of my aunts also had a quadruple bypass about a week and a half ago and a few days ago, she had a slight heart attack and yesterday, the doctors say that three of her arteries are still 90% clogged so she's getting a triple bypass today. Oy. And on top of everything else, Aunt Sally* decided to show up in all her bytchy glory and for no reason at all, decided to kick me harder than she ever has square in my uterus.


(Anthony Herring, stage name: Tony Logic, RIP)



Note: I've got no uploaded pictures of my Granddaddy though. I'll try to change that once I am ever near a scanner.


So here I was, feeling down since Friday and just when I think I am getting better, the date December 8th holds a significant connotation for two very important reasons, I'm worried about my aunt, and then my least favorite aunt comes to town to pick a fight yet again (which she wins, with my punk ass, smh) to make sure that I not only get down, but stay down. Literally. Isn’t life grand?


But all of this had me reeling, both literally and figuratively. Many hours after yesterday’s blog was posted, I began to feel a bit too exposed. I have an issue with vulnerability and I am very reserved, hence why I updated the blog a bit. I just felt incredibly uncomfortable sharing so much of myself at once like that. Judging from the view count, however, it looks as though everyone has already seen it. That’s okay, I suppose. It was just bothering me to leave it up as it was.


I’m at work right now as we speak, holding the tummy and all. Ugh. I really need to lie down but I can’t. Why? Because my company is getting new office furniture on Friday and the genius that the owners are decided to schedule the Salvation Army to come and take the old furniture today. Three whole days before the new stuff comes in. Soooo this means that there is no real place to do anything. And my computer is now sitting on top of some foldable trays. Thanks, guys.


But why am I here? That’s a good question. Well other than to do my job and also help with this furniture situation, I have no more sick, personal, or vacation days left this year. I used all my sick days in the beginning of the year when I got sick an unusual amount of times. Plus! Next week is the last week of work until January 5th. I figure there’s no need to call off for a little tummy ache, no matter how much I feel like a battered step child left for dead (exaggerating….but I am in pain, make no mistake about it).


Everyone have a good Tuesday. I’m gonna go make some tea, take a couple Aleve, pray a plea, and patiently wait til the clock strikes 5.


Be well….


Ms_Slim


*Aunt Sally = Aunt Flo....think about it.

7 comments:

Naturally Alise said...

Why does Aunt Flo always wanna come muck stuff up when you are already feeling some kinda way, I can't stand that b*tch, she gonna make me catch a charge....lol... hope you feel better hun!

Mr Keys said...

Damn. I really don't know where to start...

Aunt Flo...I heard she's a mean something.

Computer on folding trays...that HAS to be sight within itself.

No more says left...Damn, damn, damn.

Hang in there. Think positive. Um...Mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter? LOL.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

hope u feel better soon and my tuesday was great was my moms birthday

Ms_Slim said...

Alise: You're right. Ugh!

She Gave: 1. You heard right 2. I aint taken pics...so dont ask lol. 3. Yea it's okay; only a week and a half left anyway. 4. Thanks LOL. Silly

Torrance: Glad you had a happy day. And Happy Bday to your mom!

All: Thanks, yall. I feel MUCH better today. But I think Im comin down with something now. SMH! It's always something......I'll live...

Leon1234 said...

Hey, how are you doing?

Lady S said...

My son had so many friends.

Thank you for thinking of him on Dec. 8.

I hope that you are well.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Tony Logic - MOM

Ms_Slim said...

Hello.

I am okay and will be better. There's been a lot going on and I'm sure you know of recent events as well.

You are welcome and I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Take care...