15 January 2009

Terrible (Negative) Twos...and Counting...

I really shouldn’t be surprised, but I am.

I’m a small (read: muy slim) chick. Because of that, I am always colder than everyone around me and I get cold much quicker than anyone else as well. So when I walked to my car this morning to have it warm up for a few minutes before I head out for work and walk back in the house only to find that my hands were practically frost-bitten through my insulated gloves, I thought it was just me...because it usually is. It wasn’t until I looked at the television before leaving work (GMA is what’s poppin in the mornings!) and find that at the time, it was twelve degrees. Twelve degrees is cold as (can I say “Hell” even though Hell is supposed to be um….Hot?)…IJS…Twelve degrees makes me wish I had hair now…


I digress…



It’s colder than it’s EVER been here in Chicago. How cold, you ask? I just looked at the Weather Bug thingy on my computer and……..it’s now negative two degrees outside. Negative two. Like two degrees below freezing.


I told y’all here that I hated winter, didn’t I? It’s really not the business.


As if that’s not bad enough, I was talking to a homie earlier who told me that he heard that it’s supposed to get to negative thirty out here. My thoughts?


How in the Hell is that even possible? Like is that even livable? I’m just saying…..negative thirty is worse than the Arctic, isn’t it? Can polar bears thrive through that comfortably? What about the Eskimos? Even still…..here in Chicago, there are no Eskimos, polar bears, or igloos in sight, meaning…….we don’t do that kind of cold. And apparently we haven’t since……..1996.


Sigh


It’s times like these where I really wish I forsaw myself moving to another, more warmer climate soon, instead of understanding and taking grip to the reality that I’ll be in Chicago for just a bit longer.


I love my city. Believe me, I do. But this cold stuff? This freezing stuff? This weeeeelllll below livable temperatures stuff? It’s not even for the birds. It’s for some other sucka. A sucka called an Eskimo. And we Chicaoans aint suckas.



Beat it, Cold. SCRAM!!!!!


(rant over)

3 comments:

VerbFashion said...

mal, it is a little past freezing so i totally understand. i too am a little person so i'm always cold as well, but all in all i tend to like winter better than summer, for more fashion reasons than those of temperature. i feel like in the summer i am bound to see one too many toes that needed to be covered, too much flesh (again that needed to be covered) or disgusting things of that nature, whereas winter gives you no choice, bundle up or freeze -here in IL that is. plus i love jackets, coats, scarfs, sweater hats and heels with suede material and closed toes more than i dig shorts, tank tops, and flip flops...

just me.

Ms_Slim said...

Verb: I hear you on the folk that can't seem to get it right fashion-wise in the summer time. My hate for winter is purely temperature though. I really dont mind the coats and whatnot either (but I don't prefer it over summer clothes), but like you said...for the sake of EVERYONE'S eyes and mind, winter is better fashion wise lol. I hate winter's ice, winter's snow, winter's inconvenience to where you have to get up EXTRA early to start the car so it could be warm before you leave the house, winter's need to drive slow because of black ice and regular ice. I could go on...I hate it lol

Thanks for sharing and welcome to my spot! :)

Charles (Illumistrations) said...

Ughhh...I can't stand the frigid weather either. But the cold weather does offer the opportunity to don the fly all weather gear though. I couldn't do it if I lived in the city of wind.

And not to sound like too much of a nerd (cause I obviously am), negative two degrees is actually 34 degrees colder than the freezing point...so its much colder than you realize...